Let’s talk about fashion for ladies over 60. The idea that elderly women no longer care about dressing well is one of the most pervasive stereotypes about us. Update your look today to dispel all these myths and baseless assumptions. We‘ll focus on two main topics: how to dress appropriately for older women and how to style your outfit using basics so you can make it your own.
Basic Wardrobe for 60-Year-Old ladies
Women over 60 should choose loose, body-hugging fabrics, and casual clothes that can be easily styled. Here are some tips you can use when shopping for clothes:
- Choose quality over quantity
- Choose accessories that are minimalistic but accentuate
- Stay up to date with the latest trends by following style icons like celebrities and fashion bloggers in your age group.
- Avoid tight clothes
- If you have a belly, always go for loose-fitting clothes and tops with broad sleeves.
- Wear a belt to hide your belly, or wear a scarf or cardigan to cover your belly if you have one.
Street Fashion for ladies over 60
Add More Floral Prints
Floral prints can make a big difference not only in your outfit but also in your mood. They are the best for ladies to wear during the day and they can brighten up any day with their floral charm, especially in Spring and Summer.
Add Some Animal Prints
Chances are you’ve worn animal prints at some point in your life, and you can continue to opt for it well into your 60s. Subtle animal prints look great at their age. Especially when mixed and combined with other solid colors. If you’re new to these patterns, start with small items like a leopard print handbag or a zebra scarf, then move on to major pieces like a shirt or skirt.
Choose Loose Tops over Tight Ones ( for Plus size women)
The way to look slim in your 60s is to choose shirts that aren’t too tight around the waist. This is one of the oldest tricks to hide belly fat and it works quite well. You can also use belts to emphasize the slimmer parts of your body while covering up the curvier parts.
There are several tunics that best fit your body shape. You can wear it with different stretchy leggings and jeans. This is a great way to effectively cover the belly that most women complain about at their age. Don’t choose baggy pants, go for slightly A-line ones that look great. They are very comfortable and make the best summer wear.
Opting for Classic Looks
At 60, you have the freedom to choose classic elegant styles that are suitable for all ages. By not following the fashions outlined in your favorite magazine, you will look more sophisticated and fashionable. This is the secret to dressing stylishly for women over 60.
Wear Skirts For A Balanced Silhouette
At this age, A-line skirts can also be a good choice for people with a fairly proportioned figure. Of course, not all of us can wear pencil skirts at this age. But if you still want to wear a dress, I highly recommend choosing a pleated skirt. Pleated skirts look incredibly pretty and decent for our age, and they can be easily layered for extra comfort.
Fashion tips for older women
We can take advantage of things we already own and just change their style a bit. Some methods you can apply to make the outfit simple but still very stylish and individual such as:
- Shoes: Wide or low heels with thick soles will work best if you want to elongate your legs. When wearing flats, try ankle-strap sandals to complement the outfit.
- Necklace: Jewelry should be rich, elegant and easy to style. You can also use bracelets, rings or pendants to add a touch of style to your style without the need for other accessories.
- Accessories: You can match your outfit with bags, scarves, etc. Choose some accessories that match the color of the pants or skirt you’re wearing so it looks like a single piece.
- Wear the right colors: Wearing the right colors can instantly improve your look. If you know how to combine the perfect colors for your outfit, it will be easier for you to look good regardless of your age and body shape. Do not wear colors that are too bold, but prefer neutral colors that can be combined easily.
- Your clothes fit well: If you want to dress well in your 60s, make sure your clothes fit you well. If your clothes are too big or too small, throw them away.
Hopefully, this article has opened your eyes and given you insight into what is trending in fashion at the moment. What matters is not what’s trending, but how well you do it. Now you’re ready to elevate your style. Go ahead and try any of these trends – you’ll be glad you did!